Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mistaken Identity

So we have had a couple of funny things happen to us here.
With our Disney package we received lanyards with a plastic card holder attached. Each person can keep the room key and their own tickets in it. Carter has been obsessed with the room key and has carried it around his neck constantly so he can be the first to the room to open the door. The down side to this has been that Carter has insisted on taking the plastic part and hitting everyone with it, especially Kent because Carter knows that he is enduring and patient to a fault. As we were walking home from the park one afternoon Carter got a little absent minded and started walking next to a man in front of us. We were keeping an eye on him so we saw that he started just whipping this guy with the plastic card holder and the guy was like "What the heck is this little brat doing." Carter not realizing his mistake yet, hauls off and starts hitting the guy again. Kent yelled at him "Carter, what are you doing?" and Carter looked up horrified! He thought that he had been walking with Kent the whole time. He was sooooo embarrassed he ran and hid behind me. He was angry at Kent (which never happens) and so I got to be his buddy for a while.

Another time Kent and I ran to Walmart. I started walking slowly to the store while Kent grabbed our return and locked up the car. I noticed out of the side of my eye Kent walking up to the side of me and so I sidled up next to him to walk the rest of the way. I looked up to ask him a question and I had been walking with a Hispanic man the whole time. To make matters worse Kent had been about 5 paces back watching the whole thing. He thought it was pretty dang funny!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha thats pretty dang funny!

Amber said...

LOVE it! That is hilarious!