Sunday, December 28, 2008

Memorable Christmas Gifts 2008 Cont.

*WARNING: TMI AHEAD*
Wow, when I thought of blogging this one I was almost giddy thinking it would be so funny but when it comes to writing about it I am wondering if it is one of those things that you just had to be there to get. But what the hey, I'll give it a go anyway. Here is the background you will need a for this.
During our trip to DL Carter was plagued by a nasty sore he had on the back of his neck (remember the shingles incident a few posts back). He was really quite protective of it and did not want anybody touching it and who can blame him, they don't call it an owee for noth'in people. That was all Kent needed to make a federal issue over the whole thing. I am warning you now- do not give Kent any ammunition to tease you!! He can take the littlest of things and make it fodder for his warped teasing mind.(Can you tell I have years of experience with this?) Anyhoo... I digress! At first all Kent would do is ask if he could touch Carter's scab (Gross!Boys never outgrow this stuff, do they?) knowing Carter would recoil and then Kent would act sad. Soon it had escalated to Kent asking if he could tickle the scab and then a little good natured wrestling. Kent in pursuit and Carter courageously defending his poor scab. Near the end of the trip Kent gave an exasperated sigh and said "Wow, this would be lot easier if I just had a ScabTickler!" (Like there is such a thing.) Carter fell for it hook, line and sinker. I believe there was quite a bit of Kent threatening to buy a scabtickler, Kent sending a letter to Santa to tell him that is all Carter needed for Christmas was a scabtickler, Kent making a makeshift scabtickler, you get the point. Let's just say that by this time everyone in the whole family including Tudi was spending alot of time talking about this imaginary tool of terror. When we got home and the sore went away the scabtickler was forgotten. Until Carter and I hatched a plan. We built a scabtickler out of legos and Carter gave it to Kent on Christmas. We laughed until we cried it was sooooooo funny.

Gotta love love it!

0 comments: