Monday, December 29, 2008

Annual Christmas Letter 2008

Dec 29,08
Dear Family and Friends,
Happy New Year to you from the Bolton Clan! I am hoping that this letter finds you happy and healthy. If you are not, here is hoping that you get that way in 2009! As usual this year has flown by and it does not seem possible that each year that passes seems to go faster than the year before. I have nightmares about chasing the calendar and never catching it. Here is what our fam has been up to.
Carter is 7 and is in 1st grade. He is doing so well and his favorite subject is lunch. We can always tell what he had as he comes home with it all over his clothes and face. He is such a good little reader and his teacher raves about him. He still idolizes Kent and would follow him everywhere if he could. He is all boy and is constantly making strange shooting, car, animal, crashing and all around annoying noises. I will be sad when he doesn’t say and do all of his crazy, funny stuff anymore, as he is a constant source of laughter and fun in our home.
Baylee is 13 and is in 8th grade. She started the year off with a fun trip to San Diego. It was her choice of destinations for the 12 year trip we do with our kids. She was soo much fun to travel with and we had quite an adventure. She just loved Sea World and can’t wait to go again and take the whole fam. She is an exceptional student and enjoys the rewards of her hard work. She is still our dancing queen and is about to embark on a new season of comp dancing with her studio. Her church calling as beehive class president keeps her busy. Having her tonsils out the week before Christmas was hard on her but she has been such a good sport. She is such a wonderful, thoughtful, hardworking little lady. Her smile and contagious laugh light up our home.
Aly is 15 and is a sophomore. She is enjoying and doing well in High School and has got a fun, tight-knit group of friends. It has been fun to see her develop new interests this year such as guitar, photography, and cooking. Trek, YW camp and Especially For Youth Week are some of the highlights from 2008 for Aly. It has been a year of growth and maturity and as her parents it has been so fun to see her discovering just who she is. Her antics and wit keep our home lively and fun.
Kent has had quite an eventful year - changing jobs, going back to the old job, added responsibility, and travel. His work destinations have included San Diego x 2, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Park City. He also has been teaching the 15-16 yr old Sunday School class at church and much to his surprise, LOVES it! The best day of his year and possibly his life was Feb 16th at 9:36:35 am when Kent met his new best friend…a 12 lbs, 30inch Lake Trout he caught while fishing with Curt, Josh, Eric and Malaree on Bear Lake. FRANKENFISH, as we have lovingly named him, now resides in a special place of honor where Kent can daydream while staring deeply into his empty glass eyes while sitting in his comfy chair at his office. The video of this special event now rests in the same place as the videos of our children’s births and surprisingly enough, is very similar in content! It was touching to watch as Curt, Josh and Eric coached Kent as he brought Frankenfish into this..I mean our world.
Angie (well, what is left of me and my poor failing sanity) has had a busy, rewarding year. PTA Secretary, Enrichment Leader, Class Volunteer, Soccer Mom, Carpool Coordinator, Taxi Driver, Band Mom, Maid, Cook, Tyrant (my personal favorite), Nutritionist, Wife, Windgate Apt. Leasing Agent, Personal Assistant, Historian, Professional Shopper, Tutor, Warden, Disciplinarian, Medical Assistant and Therapist are just a few of my jobs. With all of my free time: I knit, crochet, scrapbook, quilt, needlepoint, bake bread and sew. Ok, I’m just kidding! What free time?
Our family has had a few adventures this year. We took a fun trip to Park City together just before school started. The craziest adventure however has been in the form of 2 adorable batches of kittens. How can something so cute be such a pain in the you-know-what? At one time we had 8 cats! I am proud to say we are down to 1 that will not be bringing any new additions into our home unless he is a medical marvel. His name is Cheech and Baylee especially loves him.
Blogging has become something our whole family has enjoyed doing together. I know many of you are sick of hearing me talk about it. But it has been a fun part of our lives this year. As I was looking through it today I found so many things I am so grateful I have recorded and get to keep forever. My only regret is that they didn’t have this technology when my girls were little. Wouldn’t that be fun to look back on. I am grateful that I have finally found something easy and convenient that has allowed me to journal, be creative, share and keep in touch with loved ones. Feel free check us out at blessedboltons.blogspot.com (FYI*you get brownie points for commenting).
The highlight of the year was our trip to Disneyland. We saved up all year and took the kids at the beginning of December. We were excited that Tudi agreed to go with us and she made it so fun. The funnest part of the whole trip was getting Tudi on her first roller coaster.
With the world being in such turmoil right now, I have never been more thankful for the peace the gospel brings and the love and support of family. May we all make time for the things that matter most.
Happy 2009 from the Blessed Boltons
Angie, Kent, Aly, Baylee and Carter

4 comments:

Aly said...

I love you so much momma! You are toooooo sweet! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!! And See? You did write the letter and write it good!! You said that it wouldn't be funny or anything, but it cracked me up! Love you more than MY luggage,
Bay Bay

Deidra said...

Well I loved the letter. I didn't know that Baylee was the president in her class and I still can't believe that aly is a sophmore! It is crazy. I love you all and am proud of all that you do and accomplish. You live life to the fullest and I love and admire that!

Amber said...

Oh, I love the Bo;ton's! Seriously, I thought our family was the only ones that quoted movie lines! Oh, and I love brownies too! :) Let's get together and have a movie night! I'll go buy a Eucalyptus candle so my apartment will smell MOSSY!

Anonymous said...

Dear Boltons,
I loved all the entries. I really love hearing the way you retell the funny and meaningful events of your little family. I am so proud of all of you. Hope to see you in person really soon. Love, MOM