Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Resiliency

Recently I heard a wonderful talk in RS about teaching our children reciliency. When I heard the topic, I thought to myself, "How can I teach my child to be resilient when I feel like that is not a quality that I have?" Something has happened in the last little bit that has knocked me for an emotional loop. I mean seriously pooped right on my Disneyland high. I find myself walking around trying to convince myself by repeating over and over "You are resilient, you are resilient, you are resilient!" How do I learn to have this quality as an adult? Well I guess until I have mastered it, I'll just swear my way through it! If you see me out and about stay clear as I think the lightning might strike at any time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey how is it going today. Hope you are doing better.

Amber said...

OK, this post warrants a phone call...be prepared. Hope you are OK!

Aly said...

The odds of being struck by lightning are 1 in 700,000. I think those of us who live with you are at a significantly higher risk.

HAHA, just kidding! Sorry, I just remembered that lil fact and couldn't help it!