When Carter was about 2 he got a mosquito bite on the back of his neck. Like all bites it itched so bad and he scratched it and got a staff infection in it. It was very freaky because he looked like he had a golf ball underneath his skin it got so big. A couple of days ago he told me the back of his neck really hurt. Sure enough he had a scratch that looked a little inflamed. Over the last 4 days it has started swelling up and spreading. Because of the incident when he was little I thought it would be good to take him in. They think he might have shingles. I was very alarmed but they said that in kids it is not a big deal and they have him on an antibiotic and some topical cream. He could even go to school today. Weird! At the Dr's office they had to get a couple of samples from the sore to send for labs. Carter really freaked out because last time he had to get a flu shot. Most of the appt. was spent trying to get him to let us take the samples. He cornered himself and was refusing to let anyone touch him. I really thought we would have to hold him down. At one point the Dr went out of the room, Carter said in his very animated way "I hate everything that happens at these places!" I couldn't help but chuckle. He was very offended at my thoughtlessness and said "HEY, don't laugh at the guy who just got hurt!" Well that was even more funny and I outright laughed. Wow, now REALLY offended he says "I've been through a lot of panicking here! I'm the boy that could have been shot... I mean could have had a needle in my head!" Talk about Drama King!
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


2 comments:
Oh thats funny. I have to talk to you about something I read on a blog. All I can say is what the hell.
that's hillarious! Hope all goes well with the labs...shingles...yikes!
Post a Comment