Whenever things aren't going Carters way he usually tells me "You're MEAN." I have always promptly responded with "It's my job." Today as I was trying to get him out the door for school he was the ultimate slow poke. WOW! I literally had to pry that kid out of bed and beg every step of the way to get him ready. Putting on his shoes was the last straw. Brought on by a bit of miscommunication, I have to admit, I WAS mean and yelled at him and sat (ok..pushed) him on the floor to put his shoes on! This brought on a flood of tears and a flood of bad-mommy-moment guilt. After the shoes were on and tied I helped him up and gave him a big bear hug and an "I'm sorry I was mean" to which he replied "It's ok, it's your job."
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


4 comments:
Awwww! I just LOVE carter soooo much. Ummm hi. this is Hillary, Aly's friend. I couldn't help but comment :)
poor Quinsie, I think she goes to school every morning thinking that I am so mean, only I don't think she thinks it's my job...she just thinks I'm mean. No matter what time that girl gets up, it's not early enough, I'm still yelling at her to get out the door.! AHHH!
That is so funny. What a kid, it is funny how the little shortcuts on explaining things come back to bite us sometimes.....Atleast he listens!
Ang, I got your card yesterday so I'm following instructions and I am going to leave you a comment. You are an awesome mom! My kids get shoved out the door and they don't get the "I'm sorry"! Why is it so hard to get them to school? I love your blogspot. I'm sure I'll be a frequent commenter! You might have to go on facebook just to check out my baby, etc. and say hi! My e-mail is keriann@christianlambert.com Love ya!
Post a Comment