
Carter is growing up so fast!! He outgrew his church outfit again and when I went to get him a new one we found this adorable suit for a reasonable-as-heck price. Doesn't he look sooooo grown up (now if he would only act that way SOME of the time) *He insisted on wearing his transformer PJ's and slippers when we took Kent out to dinner last night(He left for Tucson today). Between him and Aly it looked like we were straight off of an episode of What Not to Wear!! I tried to get a picture of them but they would not cooperate. I did, however, get a promise from Aly to never, never, ever, NEVER wear that combination of clothes EVER again. (Adorabe red baby doll shirt with lacy cami underneath, swishy yoga pants which included the white stripe down the side and Baylee's tall black leather boots. WHAT THE.... is what I say!)*
Anyhoo back to Carter being grown up. He gets baptised this year!!! Can you believe it!! My baby is getting baptized... sad sigh...staring nostalgically into space! How did this happen? 2 seconds ago I was a young, wild and crazy mom with 3 adorable, cute little kids and now I have teenagers and Carter is getting baptized and so many things to worry about! If I am to nice they'll think I'm trying to be thier friend, if I am to mean they will resent me and push away. If I make them be all churchy will they turn away but do you let them just not do anything! The list could fill up a bible!
In the long run it is not going to matter one little bit if Carter wore his jammies to dinner or that Aly looked a little crazy. What will matter is if they feel loved!!! So just in case you little hooligans don't know this. I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME AND OUR FAMILY! YOU ARE VALUED AND HAVE A SIGNIFICANT PLACE AND ROLE IN OUR FAMILY, IN OUR COMMUNITY AND IN OUR WORLD. AND IN THE WORDS OF BUDDY THE ELF; I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOUUUUU!
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


4 comments:
Awww...We love you too!! I know, Carter is growing up so fast. It is too sad. To me, it seems like everyone else is growing up so fast, but I don't feel like I am. Anyway, I love you so much and hope you will always remember that!
Baylee
you are the BEST mom...I have no doubt that you will always do the right thing, and it will be exactly what your kids need. I already told you I'm gonna send my girls to live with you for a while, cause your girls are the best, and I hope mine grow up to be just like them. Anyways, Quinsie already has the sass thing down, so just one less thing to have to teach her. Baylee, I still am on your side girl...the sass thing is still a little hard to swallow. And Carter is adorable in his little man suit! I know that day is coming WAY too fast!
Whatever you do, don't be too nice to us. Cuz that could definitely scar us for life.
Ha.
Ok that's it...from now on you get the MEAN me, and I'm sorry to say, but that's NOT pretty!
Post a Comment