Aly is in a Child Development class and had to bring this baby home over the weekend. It was such a funny experience. The baby is assigned a random program that is designed to represent the real life schedules of newborns. I decided to try to make it as fun for her as possible because it was going to be miserable, especially at nights. We dug through the girls baby clothes that I kept and then we went and picked out a cute outfit from Kid-to-Kid. It was an adventure for her and she was the only one who could take care of it. She had a electronic wristband that communicated with the baby and kept track of everything. She even had to take it to church which terrified her, she could just imagine it going off in the middle of the Sacrament prayer. It didn't do that but....it waited until the closing song and started crying. We couldn't hear it and so when everybody quit singing and it was dead quiet while everyone was being reverent for the closing prayer, Dweezle was in a real fit crying hysterically. For a second you could see that Aly was in a dither. She didn't know what to do so she went right for the babies head to pick it up and then realized that wouldn't be very good idea. We were laughing so hard I couldn't even hear the prayer and everyone around us thought it was hysterical too. Right after the prayer she came running back in because she had forgotten the diaper bag and all of the electronic diapers and bottles were in it. So the baby had been crying the whole time she was in the hallway. It was a regular SCREAM!!
2 comments:
I loved seeing her with that baby. So fun and so funny. I think I may be able to trust her over here after such a great experience. She may have to take over my night sifts :) I glad you didn't kill it Ally. Way to go.
-Suz
Oh, that is funny! I knew I should of sat back there with you guys...oh wait, I had to take care of my own crying baby! Good times, and good practice!
Post a Comment