Monday, October 13, 2008

A Sad Day


When we had the first batch of kittens I was a pretty darn good sport but this last batch has been a little rough. The kids however have been in absolute love with them. We have kept them longer than we should have trying our hardest to find good homes for them, to no avail. The kids sat in front of 2 Wal-Marts, in the freezing rain, sleet and snow for hours on Saturday in hopes of finding homes for them. (We even got kicked off the property at the Wal-Mart in Clinton-oops) Today was the day that I finally had to be the mean, mean, mean mom and take them to the animal shelter. I didn't even like the cute little buggers and I cried my eyes out as I left them and the mommy kitty. Why do we as parents let ourselves get talked into getting pets. It never ends well. Inevitably there are bitter tears, ruined carpet or furniture and the mom always ends up being the bad guy!!! MY MOTTO IS: NO PETS EVER! If you don't have pets, don't get any!!!!!

Ok... fine.. your going to find out anyway, I let the kids keep 1 baby kitten, a boy (their favorite Chinesey), but that is it NO MORE PETS!! (How did I get duped again, what happened? Did they hypnotize me? Drug me? These kids know some brainwashing skills or something!! Sighhhhhhhh.....I need a tylenol for my bitter tears headache!)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

That had to be so hard! Sorry you had to do it. -Suz

Amber said...

Oh Ang... I know how you feel, I HATE pets, but the day our dog died, all I could say through sobs and tears was "you really weren't a bad dog" ahh as if that helped. But my advice is this...maybe you better get that boy cat fixed so he doesn't create any more mommy cats! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang, sorry about the kitties....I bet the kids are so sad. If Gordon wasn't such a poop, we would have taken one. But alas, he's a poop.
Send me an e-mail at chellb@comcast.net I need to talk to you about Wicked. Hope to hear from you soon.
Michelle