Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Sticky Safari


Last week I so happened to pass a great sale on strawberries ($5 a case) and decided it was the time to make some jam. I bought 2 cases and spent 1 sticky day making 6 batches of jam.
This, in and of itself is probably not to interesting but I did have a couple of mishaps. 1 - someone made a very strong batch of garlic/herb popcorn and we must have not gotten it completely fumigated because I have one batch of strawberry jam with a hint of garlic. I can't bear to throw it away so I guess we will be aquiring a taste for it.
The second is that I accidentally knocked the corn syrup off of the counter and it splattered everywhere. I wanted to just sit down and cry but I looked over and there on the cupboard was the golden arches made with splattered corn syryp.I was thinking that it was like those people that swear they see Jesus in their x-rays. I know it is silly but it made it so that I could laugh and then procceed with what needed to be done.

3 comments:

Amber said...

UGH, CORN SYRUP! Sticky, Sticky, Sticky! Glad you saw something positive in the mess! If you call it a positive (at least it's a good story to blog about right?)

Keriann Lambert said...

McyD's saves the day again! garlic flavored jam sounds delish. You are a domestic goddess!

Holly said...

I really need to learn how to make jam. Homemade strawberry jam is the best!! I should have you teach me.