Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm a secret agent on a secret mission!


This was my first trip to Disneyland as a real pin-trader. I was so giddy about it but had no clue what the rules were so I just naively jumped in. My first real trade was at a little log cabin shop and there was the nicest cashier in there that let me trade with her. Before I could even stop myself I asked her which one of my pins she wanted and she picked the very one that I was not willing to part with, but in the heat of the moment I just stuttered and gave it to her. Aly, Baylee and I went out of the shop to wait for the boys to return and I broke it to them that I had just traded off our favorite pin...... Pirate Minnie! There were gasps of HORROR! Questions of "How could you let this happen" and me just looking bewildered about the whole thing. How DID I let it happen. You NEVER let the employee pin traders pick, you just give them the ones you don't want. I know it doesn't sound fair but that is the way it is!! As we waited we hatched a plan. Innocent Carter could go in on a secret mission and rescue pirate minnie for me. As soon as the boys returned we immediately started in on the plan and how it was to be executed. All involved had acting advice and by the time Carter walked in to the store with Kent in tow I really worried we had just confused him. As he walked away he did a "Don't you worry Mom, I'll get er for ya"! This was serious business! Aly, Baylee and I had the look of the old fashioned expectant fathers that were anxiously awaiting the birth of a new baby! Every minute seemed to last 10. Finally here comes Carter with that superhero look and flew into my arms "I got it back for ya MOM!" And he did! My little superman acted the part perfectly, according to Kenner. Didn't even miss a beat! Thanks Cartie Man for saving the damsel in distress!

I ended up getting the entire set! Aren't they fun!

1 comments:

Amber said...

ok, but now I want to hear the story of how he did it!