Kent and I have taken up canning salsa this year thanks to some coaching from Miss Cassidy. She was gracious enough to share her family recipe and we pitched in and did it after church last week. I know, I know, why were we doing it on a Sunday. It just seemed like a good idea! We were already home, it's such a long proccess we could play our Sun. aft. games and still get it done. It turned out marvelous and we have already eaten 2 of the 18 pints (they all sealed and we felt like canning geniuses). We were so thrilled with ourselves we decided to do another batch, which included a trip to Willard, $$, an hour and 1/2 of prep work and 2&1/2 hours of cooking it. At 2 hours I went and made our Sun. Afternoon calls and when I hung up I heard Aly say "mom, something smells like it is burning." So there you have it NEVER can on Sunday. With only 15min to go to filling and proccessing the salsa we lost the entire batch!!! SOOOOOOO SAAAAADDDDDD, big tears and another life lesson learned.
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


2 comments:
So sorry guys, but I have to tell you it happens on weekdays too. We left my sister in charge of stirring one year and we ended up throwing the batch out too. Sorry, that is heartbreaking, I know how much work goes into that stuff, but I think you are still canning geniuses!
Sounds like you need a vacation...I know how 'bout PARK CITY!!! Can't wait!
Hey, sorry about your salsa, that is major suckage! I hope that one day I will be able to taste it. I love the first day of school stories and of course carter's girlfriend stories. Hope all is well. Love ya, Deidra
P.S. Put me on your Sunday call list.....huh!
Post a Comment