
Kent had a business meeting in Park City and so I went up with him. The first night we decided to go for a nice dinner. We searched through the info that the hotel had on restraunts in the area and couldn't decide on one so we went driving around. It felt like fate when we saw a little place that had mini Swiss flags all around the roof.(Kent served his mission in Switzerland) I hopped out of the car and glanced at the menu and was thrilled to see that they had raclette (one of the dishes Kent reminises about often) for a reasonable price and assumed that the rest of the menu was similarly priced. We parked and went in. First of all our waitress was a total JERK (I have used stronger language describing her to others so feel lucky). I normally do not feel self concious at restraunts but she made me feel like Gomer Pile at the yacht club. So what do you do when you feel self concious?.....embarass yourself at every given opportunity of course! When she seated us I almost did the table cloth trick. So we open our menu's and about swallowed our tongues. There was nothing available for less than $25. What I had been looking at was the appetizers. We decided that we would share so Kent ordered a entree, Wienerschnitzel, a dish that he couldn't afford while on his mission and had always wanted to try. I ordered the raclette and the waitress looked at me like I had flipped my lid and said "Ok, raclette and..........." I just smiled and said "raclette, that's it, we are sharing." To which she promptly turned her nose up and walked away. Kent gets his salad and we share it, it was really good with an interesting salad dressing that soothed us into a sense of false security. When they brought out our dinner I realized why the waitress had thought I was an idiot. The raclette that I had ordered for $12.50 I might add, consisted of 1, I repeat 1 golf ball sized potato, 3 sick little pickled pearl onions, 3 tinsie dill pickles and a couple of cherry tomatoes with raclette cheese melted around them. Kents dinner for $27.00 consisted of 2 slices of meat no thicker than a piece of lunch meat that tasted like it had been pickled in lemon juice, a little pile of carrots that were slimed with honey, and the only real edible thing some garlic green beans. We were horrified!!! We smiled at her not wanting to give her the satisfaction of our shock. She kept skulking by our table and at one point as she was walking behind us, I went to get a drink of water and I don't know what happened but I spilled my water, it wasn't just any spill it was as if I was trying to throw the water over my shoulder. The whole side of my shirt was soaked, I even got Kent and there was ice all over our seat. Kent said "What the hell was that?" I still do not know what happened. Of course she came right up to the table to ask if we needed anything else, while I was scrambling to look as normal as possible. We decided it couldn't get any worse and so we ordered dessert to see if it could possibly redeem the place in our eyes. The dessert wasn't terrible but it wasn't really good either. So if you ever go to Park City don't go to.......... well we have lovingly nicknamed it Hitlers!!! Meanwhile Brandon and Cassidy and kids arrived at our hotel and we went over to tell them our interesting experience. During the days Cass, kids and I went shopping at the outlet mall and at night we would go to dinner together. It was a really fun week.
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment