Friday, September 26, 2008

Well, we have found the source of the problem!

*WARNING* BORING DETAILS ALERT*.
Those that are around me a lot know that I have been having some back problems. The week before school started I went to go ride my bike with Carter to the dentist. When I threw my leg over the bike I felt something wierd in my hip. It didn't immediatly hurt and so I just kept on going and went to the dentist. By the time I got home however, I could tell I was in trouble. I called the chiropracter and scheduled an adjustment for that afternoon. He worked on me but it didn't really help. By this time the pain has moved from my hip to my lower back as well, wierd! I am now not able to get in and out of cars, get dressed or stand up from a chair without excruciating pain. Nights were the worst, it hurt to roll over or move at all. Ok now I better call in the big guns, my awesome Dr. Blackburn. She was puzzled as well and perscribed some muscle relaxers. These didn't help with the problem but they helped me sleep at night. We are now at the 3 week mark and I decide to give the Chiro. one last try and NOTHING! With each visit I would tell them that the pain was unlike anything I had experienced, that it was like an itch, like a pain that I imagined to go along with a dislocation and if I could just get it back into place it would be such a relief. Now we are at 4 weeks and I call Dr. Blackburn. Do I need to come in again? Does she want to refer me to a specialist? No, physical therapy is where I need to be. I call to set up on apointment and they can't get me in until next Monday. That isn't for a week. Ahhhhh..don't they know I am in pain! Friday I went to work and when I turned in my office chair to put away a file, I felt something move. Hmmmm.... I hope that isn't bad. When I got home from work, I was in the house before I realized, it didn't kill me to get out of my car. Hooray! I'm cured. Well maybe not it still hurts, just not as bad. I already had my physical therapy appt. and because I was still in pain I went. The whole time I was telling him about it he was nodding his head like, "I know exactly what happened." He told me I had dislocated the sacrum joint. I had been walking around for 5 weeks with it out of place. Arggh!! This is the joint that joins the pelvis to your sacrum or in other words the bottom of your spine. The joint works kind of like a puzzle, both bones on each side are jagged and fit together. What I did, and they said this is common, is I forced the bones out of place and then because of the way this joint works, they were stuck in the wrong place for all that time. This caused everything to work out of wack and that is why all of the muscles, joint and tendons are still hurting. I am relieved that they knew what was wrong. I hate when you go in and it is just a big mystery. Well, anyhoo I am on the mend now and DisneyLand here I come!!!!

2 comments:

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

Cute blog Angie! Of course I remember you! I have lots of memories of playing with MaKylee, Bailey, and Allie. Your girls have grown up so fast. They are beautiful. I hope your back gets better. LOVE the blog!

Breinholt Gang said...

Ang, I'm glad that you are doing better and that you found the root of your problem. Get better.