Yesterday, Carter came home from school and had a heart to heart talk with Aly. He informed her that he had a new girlfriend at school. Aly asked him what her name was and he said that he didn't know. Now keep in mind that they have been in school a total of 2 days by this point. Could his love, Roz, be forgotten so easily? Aly did ask him this question. He informed her that he needs lots of girlfriends so that when he decides to get married he has lots of choices. He also informed her that he needed other girlfriends besides Roz, just in case we ever move. So, this afternoon when he got home Aly could tell that he was in a really rotten mood. She pulled him aside and ...
Aly- "Carter, what's wrong?"
Carter-"I had a horrible day, my new girlfriend said that she didn't like me and she broke up with me."
Aly kept a straight face (I don't know how!) and gave him a hug of consoling comfort and distracted him. At dinner time she thought it would be nice if she shared with us how hard Carters day had been and ....
Aly- "Mom, did you know that Carter's new girlfriend broke up with him today?"
Mom-" I didn't even know he had a new girlfriend."
Carter- "Yeah, I HAD a new girlfriend but she said she didn't like me anymore and she broke up with me!"
Giggling from everyone (we couldn't help it, it was so funny, he is only in 1st grade for heavens sake)
Carter- (offended) "It's not funny, I am never going to have a good life, I will never be happy again."
Mom- " Carter you have only known her for a couple of days. The best way to get the girls is to be as nice and gentlemanly as possible. Maybe you could try that, I'm sure she will like you again!"
Carter-" MOM I already tried that, it didn't work. I really wanted her to be my girlfriend and now I will never be happy again."
Aly- (with a very serious face)"Carter, whats her name?"
Carter- Exsasperated "I DON"T KNOW!!!" Sigh
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


3 comments:
He is so funny! You just have to love that kid!
-Suz
That is the funniest story ever. I didn't know that Carter was such a ladies man. But you need to teach him to "get the girl's name." He is killing me.
That kid is full of it. I love the stories of Carter. Of course he is a lady's man, he's so charming. I think I invited you to my blog, but if not, send me your correct e-mail address. Mine is hollystreaker1@yahoo.com. See ya later
Post a Comment