This is a little personal, perhaps, for a blog but I thought that I would share it anyway. I think as a woman, and I know that a lot of us feel like this sometimes, I feel like I am not doing good in any area of life, my house is a wreck most of the time, my kids are constantly mad at me because of some mean thing I've said or done, am I feeding them healthy? teaching by example? not to mention all of the other stuff like religion, academics. Even just trying to list them all it is making my heart palpitate!! Right as I am writing Carter is crying, the girls are mad because of something I miscommunicated and Kent is upset with me (all in a days work, right?). So as I sat in one of the many meetings I attended yesterday, pondering on a prompting to visit a sick friend that I did not listen to, I was feeling a little downhearted ok more like a failure! As the video of Aly's youth conference and then trek were playing I felt an enormous feeling of pride (the good kind I hope) swell in my heart and I realized...I can't be doing all that bad because I truly have the most amazing, beautiful, smart, caring, and well rounded children. They are growing into the most incredible human beings and I know that Kent and I are not just biased (well, maybe a little), others are noticing it too. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be in this life but as my lesson in Sunday School explained, all God expects is that I do a little better tomorrow than I am doing today. I am all right!!!!
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


3 comments:
Hey you are doing a great job. Life is tough. You are right about your children, they are so great. Hang in there. Love ya
Dear Angie,
Thank you for sharing your "mother thoughts" on your blog. You know that I think you are an awesome mother. You have been from before your babies were even born. You were prepared both physically and mentally and welcomed each one into your family. They are amazing kids----even if at times you feel discouraged. It just comes with motherhood. Sometimes you just have to pray for your good intenions to count, even if everything does not go the way you intended it to. I love you, MOM
you are way too hard on yourselve. Give yourselve a break and remember you know who loves you!!
Post a Comment