Carter came in from the backyard today and informed me that he had been sooooo nice to the Tracy's toddler, Celeste. He said "I carried her into her house so she wouldn't have to get her little feet in the snow." (Yes, it was warm enough to play on the tramp without shoes on.) I was feeling that swelling of the heart when you hear that your child has done something truly thoughtful with an extra umph as I was imagining that Carter might actually have a chance at growing up to be somewhat of a gentleman. I said "Carter that was so nice of you to do that" to which he replied " yeah, I didn't want her to whine, you know me, I hate whining." Now this story is funny to me for 2 reasons 1)He instantly obliterated that warm and fuzzy mom moment for me and 2) Carter is the biggest whiner this side of the Mississippi.
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


1 comments:
I just Love that kid! He never stops making me laugh. I am so glad he helped Cel too, he is a great friend and she looks up to him so much.
-suz
Post a Comment