Here are a few of the winners from today:
*Aly threatening Carter with random (and mind-numbingly dull) facts if he wasn't nice to Baylee: "Luxembourg has the highest gross national product of any country of Western Europe!" Let me just say: what the...! Or here's this one, "Sadly, Russia's population is decreasing by -.2% every year!"
And in response to me asking Aly if the Potatoes O Brian looked yummy she responded with: Why yes it does, do you know that optical illusion accounts for 10% of your taste receptors?
*Lately Carter has professed an intense fear of monsters...which, in this house full of smart-alecks, hasn't been workin' out so well for him. When Carter asks anything about the "monsters", Mom replies with an "Oh honey, you know there aren't any monsters in the house, silly!" Whereas Kent reassures him, "If you run fast enough the monster won't catch and eat you" or "Carter, I think I hear clicking. Do you think it's the raptors?" So last night Mom couldn't help herself. Carter said he needed a drink (stalling, of course) after everyone was upstairs and was all tucked in bed. After a brave attempt,he trooped back up and said it was too scary. So Mom, with a devilish glint in her eye (slighty reminiscent of Dad when he's about to perform some sort of michief) went to the edge of the stairs said, "I'm right here, and if you scream, I can come and save you." I think that they should foot the 1st therapy bill, don't you?
*Tonight at dinner Carter said the prayer (big suprise, since he says it every night. Largely due to his mind control over the priesthood holder in our home and a reliable set of puppy dog eyes). Anyhoo, Carter stated in his prayer that he hoped Heavenly Father would bless the food so that when he grew up he could be "strengthful." I know with the build up you were expecting something crazy but occasionally he does do and say some cute, non-evil things.
*This is for those of you that know us you have inevitably heard about the remarkable (in it's oddity) relationship between Carter and our cats. As of late he has behaved a bit better with them. Today while he was reading his books, Paisley, our new little kitten, snuggled on Carter's lap, and he just loved on her. When everyone returned from school and work I was telling them about the little episode and Aly spouted off with, "Hmm. I think the cat has Stockholmes Syndrome." If you don't know what that is, it's what sometimes happens when people who have been kidnapped and tortured bond with and idolize their captors. We thought it was a hoot.
Valentine's Day Aches
13 years ago


5 comments:
Fuuny, I love to hear the crazy things your kids say. It makes me have a good laugh.
Angie I am tagging you so got to my blog to find out.
sounds like Aly is still reading alot
grandpa
I feel very blessed to belong to the BLESSED BOLTONS!
Your family makes me laugh so hard. Especailly the monster thing. Kent is so funny!
Post a Comment