Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blackberry Fun..I mean phone!

I lost my Blackberry months ago! Devastating! Lost numbers, pictures, the oh so familiar keyboard and format. I thought I hated that phone but, let's all sing it together, "Ya don't know what ya got till it's gone".
I waited for about 2 months for it to turn up and NOTHING! I finally gave in and bought a new phone that I could not figure out how to use for the life of me. Texting a message would nearly send me to the loony bin! (Keep in mind I'm already headed there so it's not that hard to do!)
So, during spring break we went out to dinner with Kenner at one of our family fav's, Pepperbellies in Kaysvile. We had ordered our food and we were all just visiting and having fun when Kent asks me for a number off of my phone. I absentmindedly reached over and grab it! I just stared.....and stared....... My children thought I was having a brain hemmorage of something. My confused state was awe inspiring. What the H.......! Where did this come from? For the life of me I couldn't figure out how MY blackberry could have gotten on the table at Pepperbellies! Kent got the biggest flippin kick out of the whole thing. I am sure as he tells the story it will just get better and better with time. (He does that.... the ginuea pig story....... the cat sleeping on my legs..... many have reached epic proportions)
Truth - My phone had been in his car this whole entire time!!!!!! CRAZY!
After investigating something shiny on the floor he discovered my phone and then proceded to put it in his pocket awaiting the perfect time to mess with my head. When we arrived at the restaurant he put it on the table under the silverware.....I didn't notice. He scooted it closer......still didn't notice. He scooted it right in front of me.....there I go reaching for it....and I slide it on the opposite side of the table so it is out of the way and out of his reach....obviously, didn't notice. Wow, what was he going to have to do hit me over the head with it!!! Luckily I fell for the next move and the insanity insued!
I now hold my phone a little closer, gaze more lovingly into it's brightly lit face, carress the familiar keyboard with delight! I love you blackberry! Your the best!XOXOXOXO
As for that OTHER phone Aly scored a new gadget out of the deal!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wait, I thought that phone had a permanent home in your brazier? You have some "splaining to do" ummm, how did it get in Kent's car in the first place? LOL!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lady London said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

That is totally awesome!!! You always have the best stories. You need to permanently attach that phone to you. What a sweet deal for Aly too!

Keriann Lambert said...

I just checked out the blog again and am laughing and loving it. Rather than comment on them all I will just tell you on this one that I can't wait to see more! I am going to try this blogging thing too, wish me luck! By the way, I would love to have Aly do some family photos sometime too, she is incredible!! Love ya!