Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2010...... the year that didn't happen!!!!

Here it is 2011 and according to my blog, not a lot happened in 2010! It looks like I went AWOL!  It was a hard year and I am hoping and praying that we can make this one wonderful.   Kent finished his Masters just before Christmas and it is so fun to have him to ourselves in the evenings.  He has been working on it for 5 years and we have had to share him quite a bit.  I am sincerely going to make an effort to be better at blogging.  I really miss being able to read over the happenings of the year. 

I just have to share one funny thing that I do remember from the Christmas season.   We took our annual trip to see the Temple lights on a lovely, warm Tuesday evening at the beginning of December.  I definitely recommend it, it was nice not to have to fight the weekend crowds.  Anywhoo... we always go up and sit by the Christus,sit in awe and listen to the message.  As we stood to leave Carter tugged on Kent's coat and pointed to the large circle that has recessed  lighting just above the Christus and asked "Dad, is that a stargate?"   Ya can't tell that Kent is into Sci Fi can ya?


2 comments:

Holly said...

Love the stargate reference. I had to make Kent proud. I know Jackson would be. I am with you on the blogging thing. I am vowing, yet again, to be better this year.

Keriann Lambert said...

I'm back, I have been a slacker of sorts myself. I hope you are having a good 2011 so far. That stargate question is hilarious! I will never look at that spot the same way again!